Frequently Asked Questions
If your question is not answered here then please contact email@example.com.
FAQ Online Sales
- Is my personal information safe?
- Is it secure to use my credit / debit card on your website?
- How do I navigate your website?
- What happens if an item is out of stock?
- How do I place an order on your website?
- What is your policy on returns?
- Can I have a product delivered outside of the UK?
- Do you ship to BFPO addresses?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Can I purchase a costume for someone else and send it to them?
- How do I get to your Camden Superstore?
- A product I bought is now cheaper, can I have a refund for the price difference?
- The price of a product has gone up, can I pay the cheaper price?
- How do I know which size to choose?
- What if the product is faulty?
- What are the washing and care instructions of the products?
- Can I cancel an order?
- My card payment is being rejected online?
- Am I charged VAT on my order?
- What happens if my costume does not fit?
- I can't speak English can your staff speak foreign languages?
FAQ Hire Enquires
1. Is my personal information safe?
2. Is it secure to use my credit / debit card on your website?
Our website utilizes the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to provide encryption of personal information including: your name, address, and credit card details. Due to these implementations information passed between your computer and us cannot be read in the unlikely event of someone intercepting it. Please note that we do not keep your card details and that transactions via our website are made directly to our secure payment provider. We make sure that ordering from our website online is safer than using your card on the high street. For more information on how we keep your information safe please read our secure shopping page.
3. How do I navigate your website?
In the top left hand corner of our website you will find two different search tabs: one for “shop online” (which shows or extensive collection of costumes for sale online) and another option for “Hire Costumes” where you will be able to browse a selection of our costumes for hire. After you have made your selection you can browse our extensive catalogue of costumes by selecting a category e.g. Halloween costumes or Christmas costumes, these categories will give you a wide range of costumes related to the theme of the event you are attending. If you are looking for a specific costume you can use our websites search function found in the top left corner to find a costume by keyword. For example, if you want a Spiderman costume just type Spiderman into the search bar and a selection of Spiderman costumes and accessories will appear, or alternatively, if you are looking for a variety of carnival costumes type “carnival” into the search bar and a wide variety of carnival costumes will be displayed. Please Note: We encourage users to check their spelling and typing when looking for a product as our website search function works on a letter for letter match basis. With our new website you also have the option of browsing by gender and price with the search bar on the top right hand menu of the category pages on the website.
4. What happens if an item is out of stock?
Once we have received your order stock is automatically reserved for you. In the event that we are out of stock of an item you have ordered we will contact you via email or telephone to suggest an alternative item or to provide you with a full refund. If you find a costume that you like which is currently out of stock we encourage you to fill in the out of stock webform found just below the product title. Alternatively you can contact our customer services department who will be able to inform you of when it will be available again. Please note: If an item is out of stock in our Camden Superstore it may be available from our website or vice versa.
5. How do I place an order on your website?
After you have found a costume or accessory that you would like to purchase you just need to follow the steps listed below in order to successfully complete an order:
1) Locate your desired costume from our sites category selections or our sites search function.
2) Select the desired size of your costume from a size drop down menu next to the costume. Please bear in mind that if no drop down menu is available the costume comes in a “standard size”, or a “one size fits most” option unless otherwise stated. You can click on the costumes size guide to see more details regarding the sizes that these costumes fit.
3) On your desired costume or accessory select “add to basket” after doing this a pop up window will ask you if you want to proceed to checkout or if you want to continue shopping. If you wish to continue shopping simply add multiple items to your order. Any time you wish to checkout and purchase your items simply click on the basket icon found in the top right corner of the website, which will lead you to the checkout page.
4) On the check out page if you are a returning customer with an account simply insert your email and password. If you are a new customer fill out the fields on the form including: Name, Email, Billing Address & Shipping Address if different to your billing address, contact number, email address and a password for quick access when making future orders. PLEASE NOTE: when filling out your address if your house does not have a number please use a hyphen (-) to fill in the form and include house name in space below After filling in these details select a shipping option and proceed to our secure payments page where you will be able to use your Card or Paypal details to complete the order process.
6. What is your policy on returns?
Please follow the link for a comprehensive look at our returns policy.
7. Can I have a product delivered outside of the UK?
Yes, we are capable of delivering worldwide, when you input your address while making an order a drop down menu will appear based on your choice of country and you will have the option of selecting this destination. The cost of delivery abroad varies based on location and courier cost for the service. For a full list of the countries we deliver to, cost and average expected delivery times please see the Delivery Options & Prices section of our website.
8. Do you ship to BFPO addresses?
Yes, when making an order you will have an option of select BFPO (British Forces Overseas) as your country address.
9. What payment methods do you accept?
We currently use HSBC to accept secure payments of Debit and Credit card transactions. We accept the following cards: Debit, Switch, Solo, Mastercard, Visa, Eurocard and Delta. You also have the option of making a telephone order or paying via PayPal. Escapade is a safe and secure shopping website and we pride ourselves on keeping your details and information safe. For more information regarding our online security please read the Secure Payments section of our website.
10. Can I purchase a costume for someone else and send it to them?
Yes, all you need to do is to provide us with an alternative shipping address to the billing address you use when filling out your order form. In order to prevent credit card fraud we may contact you and ask you to provide further identity information and you will also be required to fill in the verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode. We constantly update our security features to ensure that your data and details are safe and secure.
11. How do I get to your Camden Superstore?
The address for our Camden Superstore is: 45-46 Chalk Farm Road, Camden, London NW1 8AJ. Our store is located within a 5 – 10 minute walk from both Camden Town and Chalk Farm Road tube stations.
12. A product I bought is now cheaper, can I have a refund for the price difference?
Escapade reserves the right to change, alter or amend their prices at any time without prior notice. With this said we endeavour to provide you with the cheapest and best selection of costumes online but if the cost of the costume is reduced or placed in the sale section of our website we cannot refund the difference of a previously placed order.
13. The price of a product has gone up, can I pay the cheaper price?
No, Escapade reserves the right to change, alter, or amend their prices at any time and without prior notice. If the cost of an item has increased, or decreased from the price listed on the site the time of purchase is the final sale price.
14. How do I know which size to choose?
On each costume you will be able to click on a tab that says “size guide”. In this tab you will find the correct sizing for each costume based on information provided by the costumes manufacturer. The size guide includes UK, US and EU sizes as well as chest and waist measurements.
15. What if the product is faulty?
If your product is faulty please contact our customer services team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or over the phone: 0207 485 7384 Option 1 and let us know what the problem with the costume is and we will be able to arrange a refund or an exchange for you.
16. What are the washing and care instructions of the products?
We have a large selection of costumes made from a wide variety of materials which vary from: cotton, vinyl, lace, velvet, polyester, plush fur, leather, brocade and many more. Some of our costumes feature metal or plastic accessories and printed or embossed emblems. We encourage all of our customers to ensure that when they clean their costumes they use DRY CLEAN ONLY, irregardless if otherwise stated by the costume manufacturer. For hygienic reasons we are unable to refund a costume after it has been worn and encourage our customers to take good care of their costumes.
17. Can I cancel an order?
If you have not paid for your order you can cancel it at any time, and there is no need to contact us to cancel it. We do not process any orders until the requisite payment for the order has been received. If you have already submitted payment for your order we regret to inform you that we will not be able to cancel it or issue an immediate refund. We have a very quick turn around between orders being placed online and the picking, packing and shipping process, which ensures that 99.7% of orders are received on time without incident. Due to this we will be unable to cancel your order after payment. If you would like to cancel your order after payment you are entitled to refuse delivery and to a full refund upon the receipt of the goods back to our warehouse. If you have any further queries regarding returns please see our returns policy.
18. My card payment is being rejected online?
Please don’t worry this simply means that some of the information that you have input may be incorrect, or missing. All essential information fields are marked with an asterisk (*) please ensure that these details are filled in correctly. For those of you who do not have a house number but, rather a name, please fill this field in with a hyphen (-). If you are still having problems our customer services team will be able to help you.
19. Am I charged VAT on my order?
Yes, VAT is charged at the Government Standard 20%.
20. What happens if the costume does not fit?
We provide sizing guides for each costume to ensure that customers are able to find the most appropriately sized costume and to reduce the risk of a customer ordering a costume that does not fit. However, if the costume you have ordered does not fit you may return it to us within the 14 working day exclusion period. If you have any further queries regarding making a return please have a look at our returns policy.
21. I can't speak English can your staff assist me with my order?
Yes, we currently have staff that speak fluent Italian, German, Spanish and Portugese who can assist international customers with their orders. There are also staff who can speak conversational French to help customers with any questions or queries. However, if one of your languages is not covered in this list we reccomend that you send an email to: email@example.com with your order number or querie and we will use translation services to ensure that your recieve a prompt answer in your given language.
FAQ Hire enquires
1. How do I hire a costume?
After you have located a costume that you would like to hire you can click the “Add to Wardrobe” button, you will then be directed to a page where information concerning your exact requirements will be requested. After completing the form please click the “Request Items” button. We will then contact you via email or over the phone to arrange a fitting in our Camden store or to arrange a shipment of the costume. When hiring a costume from Escapade you must read the hire Terms and Conditions before proceeding with the transaction. If you would like to speak to someone in our Camden shop regarding a hire costume please contact us on: 0207 485 7384 Extension: 502
2. Can I book a hire costume online?
No, the hire catalogue is for you to view a selection of our extensive collection of hire costumes. You can however send any enquires and check for availability online. A member of our team will then get in contact with you with further details.
3. Do I have to leave a deposit for a hire costume?
A refundable deposit is required for all hire costumes and the amount of the deposit varies depending on your choice of costume. Please see the Hire Terms and Conditions for full details.
4. Can I cancel a reserved order?
A non-refundable booking fee of £10 per costume is required for cancelling a reserved hire order. This fee may be deducted from the original hire deposit, or alternatively used as credit if you decide you wish to hire an alternative costume. Please note that this is an administration fee that is non-refundable if the booking is cancelled.